Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Three Cups of Tea


Three Cups of Tea by Greg Mortenson and David Oliver RelinHold on to your Inspirational hats! I lost mine over Greg Mortenson and David Oliver Relin’s Inspirational classic, Three Cups of Tea, which I just finished reading. Published by Penguin Books, this little gem produces a guaranteed 10 inspired tears per chapter and gets you connected up to the world along the way. I won’t tell you the plot or what it’s about; suffice it to say, ‘Just read it!’

This man, Greg Mortenson, is as close to a modern day saint as they come and I’m a better man for the chance of getting to know him. He goes to the top of my donation list – if there was ever a charity where you could count on the giving getting to the right getter, baby, this is the one.

I’ve always known somewhere deep inside of me that giving is where it’s at when it comes to living this life. I made a decision a number of years ago that this is what I want to do through my music. This true story that I’ve just read puts giving on the highest visceral and demonstrative plane. Here is a man who epitomizes the word. I thought I was giving to the world in my own small way. This man’s life defines the word. He has reshaped my thinking.

This book is a mountain of Inspiration.

Visit Greg’s site about his organization, Central Asia Institute.

No comments: